How I feed via deliveries by UPS, FedEx, and USPS, instead of dining in different restaurants during the pandemic.
Being out of reach during the pandemic by PrimeNow, DoorDash, GrubHub, Uber, Postmates, Instacart, Zomato, etc.), I’ve had to depend on UPS, FedEx, and USPS trucks deliverying packages from on-line markets.
Here are my favorites (and not so favorites) from those markets.
Salt, Fat, and Sugar
My favorite food groups!
Butter buscuits offers all 3. Kerry Gold, mailed from Ireland. $10 US for two boxes.
Sooo bad for you. But sooo good!
Amazon.com has a “gourmet” section. Using the Amazon Visa card gets us 5% back.
Shopping at our local Walmart.com also has a 5% rebate, even without their credit card.
Target, surprisingly, has great prices.
- Zingermans.com tinned fish, $200 packaged DIY ruben sandwich
- mouth.com snacks, drinks, bacon, jerkey
- Cheese, everything from igourmet.com
Many wild game meats (venison, pheasant, quail, rabbit, etc.) are known to be high in purines which cause gout inflammation. That’s also the case with organ meats such as sweetbreads, liver, kidney, tongue, and heart.
Salmon and shellfish seems to be an exception to fish with high purine levels, in that most gout sufferers don’t have a problem with it.
- Meats from Rastelli.com and Honeybaked.com
- Lamb from LavaLakeLamb.com
- Scottish grouse, and other wild game meat from DArtagnan.com
- Seafoods from vitalchoice.com
- Iberico ham (a la Barcelona), cheeses, and condiments from FormaggioKitchen.com
- Applewood-smoked meats from Nueskes.com
Beets, Okra, Rhubarb, Turnips contain high levels of oxalates which increase uric acid levels in the blood.
- RanchoGordo.com for heirloom beans, herbs, spices
Spices and seasonings from TheSpiceHouse.com
- Indian food from Kalustyans.com
- Scandanavian meatballs, limpa, pickked herring from scandiaFood.com
- Greek baklavas, spanakopitas, and other filo-based pastries from KatinasGreekCafe.
- Spanish paella, sausage, etc. from Tienda.com (Williamsburg, VA)
- EqualExchange.com fair trade from around the world
Italian Proscitutto, EVOO, etc. from Eataly.com
- Freeze-dried fruits from thive.com
- Fresh fruit from HarryAndDavid.com
Fresh California peaches, plums, nectarines, cherries, graham crackers, tarlets from FrogHollow.com
Sour cream coffee cake, buttery rum cake, quiches from RedTruckBakery.com
- Baked goods from goldbelly.com
- Jams and Salsas from Stonewalkkitchen.com
- Freeze-dried ice creams from MountainHouse.com
Pies from GTPie.com of Michigan