The biggest server, on your laptop
This is a hands-on tutorial on installing SAP HANA Express in a HXE virtual instance running under VMWare Fusion 8 on a Mac.
Get Download Manager
PROTIP: Instead of downloading the “Getting_Started_HANAexpress_VM.pdf”,
look at the webpage
You’ll still need the Download Manager, though.
Use an internet browser to
is a vanity URL that reroutes to
Click Other to download HXEDownloadManager.jar
Run it to open the Download Manager GUI.
- Keep defaults of Image Virtual Machine checked.
- Uncheck the “Getting Started”.
Select “Server only” and press OK.
Selecting “Server + applications” means development apps, which include XS Advanced (XSA) and Web IDE. These you can download later.
In VMWare, select “Open a Virtual Machine”.
The pdf downloaded provides these credentials:
- At the hxehost login prompt, enter hxeadm
- For Password enter the temporary password HXEHana1
Follow the Getting Started to change passwords, assign IP, etc.
QUESTION: Is there a shell script that can do all that?
It will “stop working after the default grace period of 60-90 days.”
- Start SAP HANA studio to get the Hardware Key for registration on