Whether it’s wanted or not
Let me know if you know of more features.
Some features that can be added (offered in other themes and templates) include:
## Landing page #
Infinite scrolling brings additional content on the page automatically as (or before) user scrolls down (without clicking “more”)
georgeioannou.com has a light table or carosel arranging clickable pictures
Category links to display selected items for each category (to not overwhelm visitors)
- Custom icon (favico.ico/png) appearing on browser tabs
- Apple Touch images mobile
- Windows 10 desktop tile images
Timed image auto-rotates doesn’t force visitors to click for next page. But they can if they want.
Text about each graphic
Audio about each graphic
Global-nav links are in text to enable localization.
“Top” icon/link at the bottom of the page
- Top of page link/icon
- Visual site map
Search field (and custom response page)
- Previous and Next article
Also enjoy these others in this same site
Link back to site (“this site”)
## Authentication #
Amazon Cognito Identity User Pools
- Lookup location based on IP
- Confirm identity simply, such as clicking a pre-agreed image
- Time-appropriate greeting based on visitor’s local time zone
- Personalized greeting based on personalization data stored in browser during previous session
Store history of browser version, OS, etc.
Display most popular post on anonymous landing
Gray icons at the bottom of the page
Colorful icons shown all the time at the edges to be “in the face” of visitors encourages clicking?
- Default author information display
- Request for visitor email to subscribe
- Visitor comments using Disqus
- Commenting buttons to create a post on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, etc.
- Social buttons to the author’s eminations on Twitter, Facebook, etc.
Email form to provide feedback
## Text #
A sub-title provides additional explanation (jokes) about the topic.
Wide “hero” images add visual context, at a cost download time.
Title text is clickable to access the site externally
- Site XML file for Google Search to discover
- Google search ownership file
Bing search site ownership file
## Monitization #
- Google ads
Shop (t-shirts, etc.)
## Performance #
- Asychronous update of a section rather than entire form (submit)
- Google AMP coding
- Make this page into a form where people can check what they want, save it, send it to others, etc.
More on front-end software development
This is one of several topics:
- Text Editors
- Markdown text for GitHub from HTML
- JAM Stack Website Project Plan
- HTTP/2 Transition Project Plan
- Static websites
- Website styles
- Website Styling
- Email from website
- Search within Hyde format Jekyll websites
- Data Visualization using Tableau