Answers to the same questions
257 exhibitors were listed on 2018 in https://www.salesforce.com/dreamforce/expo.
I created this Google Sheet and added:
- _Type of company
_stars, _Rec (recommend to a friend), _CEO rating, _#revs (number of reviews) in Glassdoor
- _URL of company
- _Profile page on Salesforce
- _LinkedIn company URL
_booth number at Dreamforce
_YouTube account page
- _Twitter account URL
- _TFollowers (Twitter followers)
- _TJoinedYr (Twitter join year)
- _TLocation (location specified on Twitter)
- _TDesc (Description on Twitter account)
Not included is the Crunchbase ranking of companies.
Questions of exhibitors
Asked of each ISV (software vendor):
- How does you organization add value? What “pain points” do you address?
- What differentiates what you provide?
- How does it work? What is the tech under the hood?
How can people get trained on your technology?
- “We have free 7-day trials, with unlimited free access to StackOverflow.com. Or you can come to our 5-day class for $3,000.”
- “Like Salesforce, we have free in-depth tutorials and provide free cloud instances with no time limits.”
Asked of each services provider:
What is your company’s specialty?
What specifically differentiates what you provide?
- “We have the best people. We have the best culture. We have the latest technologies. Blah. Blah. Blah.”
- “Like GitLab and Automattic, we stay transparent by having people write blogs rather than PowerPoints.”
What do people have to do to get to work on new technologies like artificial intelligence?
- “That’s between people and their boss.”
- “The company provides free Pluralsight licenses. Travel to one conference a year. And I personally get up at 5 AM every day to study for certification exams, which the company pays for whether I pass or not.”
How do people at your organization maintain work-life balance?
- “We offer to freeze employees’ eggs so they can have children later.”
- “We work with our customers so our people fly during weekdays and we train our customers on how to manage remote employees.”
At all booths, additional questions are:
At Glassdoor.com, what percentage of employees say they would recommend your organization to a friend?
- “64%, but we just got a new CEO, but don’t listen to the sour grapes people.”
- “84%, and we’re ranked #10 on the Forbes Best Places to Work list.”
What has your company done to encourage collaboration and teamwork among people in different departments?
- “The directors get together. And we have a cafeteria.”
- “We have weekly all-hands lunches. We have a professional organizational psychologist working with us and have implemented programs to achieve and leverage diversity. The whole company travels to a retreat every 9 months.”
What does your company do to be different than other employers?
- “Employees don’t have to pay medical insurance premiums.”
Do you give out souvenirs (spiffs)? Is there a story behind why this item?
Who do we contact for more information? Do you have a QR code for people to reach your URL in the video?
What does your company do to get its people to do mor? Does your company or CEO have a motto?
If you have other questions I can ask, please let me know.
The idea is to get past what we can read on websites, yet keep it short.
More about Salesforce
This is one of a series about Salesforce
- Salesforce Ohana (about the Salesforce company, offices, mascots, emojis, and store)
- Salesforce Glossary (of acronyms)
- Salesforce Events (Conferences, local Meetups, ) to meet people face-to-face
- Salesforce Exhibitors (at Dreamforce)
- Salesforce Onboarding (Trailhead and IDEs)
- Salesforce Offerings (Clouds, Industries, Domains, GitHub, editions, pricing, features, versions)
- Salesforce Certifications (training and exams)
- Salesforce Projects, Superbadges, and Sample Apps
- Salesforce Project Plans
- Salesforce Jobs (within Salesforce, with partners, etc.)
- Salesforce Apps (in AppExchange)
- Salesforce Alexa
- Salesforce Heroku (external apps)
- Salesforce Non-Profit support
- Salesforce Data Management
- Salesforce Einstein
- Salesforce Selenium (test automation)