Where to look, sample job descriptions, tips
The advantage of a career working with Salesforce is that one can be productive without being an expert programmer. This and being in SasS (without server admin troubles), a small team can support a (smaller) company without a lot of buraucracy, unlike being on massive SAP projects.
Take a look at those offering Salesforce services on a temporary, ad hoc basis:
Jobs inside Salesforce
http://careers.force.com/jobs lists jobs inside Salesforce. Applicants use workday.com to apply.
Salesforce employee reviews on Glassdoor - some mention concern with work-life balance.
Salesforce is rated highly among “Best Places to Work”.
DISCUSSIONS: Jobs Board
Mason Frank International, a recruiter, publishes a report each year about the Salesforce ecosystem, providing detailed breakdowns of salaries by job role, location, and so much more. See https://www.masonfrank.com/salesforce-salary-survey/
Indeed aggregates jobs from several employer websites
Job Board on Salesforce have postings by both job seekers and recruiters.
Facebook group: Salesforce job seekers
Consulting Partners and ISVs (Independent Software Vendors)
Top Salesforce partners are “Master Certified by Salesforce” in all 12 industries and cloud platforms.
http://www.accenture.com/salesforcecareers by Accenture, which employs 11,800 Salesforce pros in Chicago and elsewhere. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
This list of Admin management skills is from Jeff Talbot (marin(dot)consulting(at)gmail.com):
- Managing database customizations - Objects, Object relationships, Fields, Page Layouts
- Managing security - Users, Roles, Profiles, Permission Sets
- Managing data - Views, Reports, Dashboards
- Managing data integrity - Data imports, mass data updates, Validation Rules
- Managing automation - Workflow, Flow, Triggers, Process Builder
- Managing data integration - Integrating websites, retail management software (POS), and finance software with Salesforce
BASIC Qualifications: • Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent required from an accredited institution. Will also consider three years of progressive experience in the specialty in lieu of every year of education. • At least 4 years of experience with Information Technology and 2 years of experience in SFDC • At least 2 years of experience in Client Engagement / Interaction • Current SFDC Certifications • Strong Analytical and Communication skills
PREFERRED Skills: Technical = 80% • At least 2 years of experience in implementing CRM solutions with a minimum of 2 years Salesforce Force.com platform/Sales Cloud/Service Cloud implementations • At least 3 years of experience in Salesforce development and implementations Skills with good command on Apex, Visual force, controllers, triggers, batch processes, APIs and web services. • Thorough understanding on the Life Cycle of Development including Salesforce Deployment/Packaging effectively using Metadata API, ChangeSet and Ant. • Best Practices understanding on Coding Standards, Deployment, Apex, VF, Salesforce Integration, Security implementations • Experience on Force.com Integration Technologies (WebServices, 3rd Party tool like CastIron/Boomi) to Integrate with On-Premise systems like Siebel, OMS and Java Based Systems • Writing Apex Classes, Visual Force Pages, Apex Triggers, Controllers, JQueries to implement complex business requirements • Fluent with SOSL and SOQL, Workflows • Implement SOAP / REST based web services • Hands on experience with Tools like Data Loader, Eclipse, SoapUI, APEX Explorer, Ant Scripts, AJAX tool kit • Migration of all the Customizations including Custom Configurations, packages and other objects from Sandbox to Production environment • Customizations of Reports, Dashboards, Workflows, Approval Processes
Functional = 20% • 2+ years’ experience in in translate functional requirements and business rules into technology solutions and develop a technical strategy, and be able to create and effectively demonstrate solutions that address customer requirements. • Familiarity with Salesforce latest product launches including Wave Analytics, Lightning. • Ability to work in team in diverse/ multiple stakeholder environment • Experience and desire to work in a Global delivery environment • Well versed with Configuration and customizations of objects The job entails sitting as well as working at a computer for extended periods of time. Should be able to communicate by telephone, email or face to face. Travel may be required as per the job requirements.
Skills in LinkedIn profile
- Click the Me icon at the top of your LinkedIn homepage.
- Click “View profile”.
- Scroll to the “Skills & Endorsements” section and click “Add a new skill”.
- In the pop-up window, if it says “You’ve reached the limit of 50 skills”, X back and remove some skills.
Type the name of a skill and select it from the dropdown list that appears or click “Add” immediately.
You can also add skills from the Suggested skills based off your profile options that are provided.
https://www.facebook.com/events/119880015402173 Trailhead: Your Path into the Salesforce Developer Economy
More about Salesforce
This is one of a series about Salesforce
- Salesforce Ohana (about the Salesforce organization and people)
- Salesforce Glossary (of acronyms)
- Salesforce Exhibitors (at Dreamforce)
- Salesforce Onboarding (Trailhead and IDEs)
- Salesforce Offerings (Clouds, Industries, Domains, GitHub, editions, pricing, features, versions)
- Salesforce Certifications (training and exams)
- Salesforce Projects, Superbadges, and Sample Apps
- Salesforce Project Plans
- Salesforce Jobs (within Salesforce, with partners, etc.)
- Salesforce Apps (in AppExchange)
- Salesforce Alexa
- Salesforce Heroku (external apps)
- Salesforce Non-Profit Success Pack
- Salesforce Data Management
- Salesforce Einstein
- Salesforce Selenium (test automation)
Tutorials under construction (listed alphabetically):
- Salesforce Apex programming
- Salesforce Apex Testing
- Salesforce APIs
- Salesforce Automation
- Salesforce Bolt
- Salesforce Customization (objects, fields, page layouts)
- Salesforce Field Service
- Salesforce Inbox
- Salesforce IoT
- Salesforce Lightning UX
- Salesforce Mobile
- Salesforce NPSP (Non-Profit Success Pack)
- Salesforce Reporting & Analytics (Custom Reports)
- Salesforce Security
- Salesforce Selling Success Factors
- Salesforce Visualforce