Individuals and teams who have published or influenced
Salesforce calls “Trailblazers” those who have transformed their careers using its Trailhead online learning service.
This Leader Board lists Trailblazers by Ranger Rank, # Badges, SuperBadges, Points.
Lists of individuals who have significant blogs, tweets, courses, or otherwise have contributed some way:
https://success.salesforce.com/mvp (About 200+ are selected each year).
- Golden Hoodies awarded by Salesforce, the rarest of awardees. See them together at https://twitter.com/i/status/1048729421585240066
- theblogreaders.com/category lists blogs
Follow SFDC_HERO of the month on Twitter.
TODO: Put this data into a database so an app can dynamic sort lists. For now, just press Ctrl+F to find text.
Individual Rock Stars
Abhinav Gupta (+AbhinavGuptaIn), Force.com MVP & Architect, owner of his Concretio Apps Pvt Ltd consulting company in Gurgaon, India:
- Getting-Started-with-Force.com-Development from 2014 is still a good read.
- tgerm.com specializes in Salesforce applications development and integrating them with other cloud platforms such as Amazon, Google.
- https://github.com/abhinavguptas houses several Salesforce projects (all last updated before Auguest 2017).
Ajay Dubedi, from Noida, India:
- ajaydubedi.com since Jun 2014
Akshay Dhiman, Salesforce Developer & Consultant, CTO:
- adhiman.com since Nov 2016
Amul Baranwal, from Noida, India:
- amulhai.blogspot.com since May 2013
Amit Chaudhary, 7X certs from Michigan:
- amitsalesforce.blogspot.com since Nov 2014
Annappa Ph, Salesforce developer in India:
- annappaph.blogspot.com since Jan 2017
Andrew Fawcett, Force.com MVP and CTO at Financialforce.com:
Andrez Perez, a Master Technical Instructor at Salesforce.com and owns 11x Salesforce certifications:
- eltoroit.herokuapp.com and ElToro.IT has articles about Lightning Components, Apex, Visualforce, Force.com and Salesforce in general.
Ashish Agarwal in Singapore:
- asagarwal.com/blog since Apr 2010
Asish Behera in New Jersey, USA (asish1989)
- salesforceworld4u.blogspot.com since Nov 2011
Ben McCarthy, 5X Salesforce Developer MVP, Salesforce Certified Technical Architect, based in London with partner Empua:
- Author of “Visualforce Development Cookbook”
Biswajeet Samal, from Pune, India
- biswajeetsamal.com/blog since Mar 2014
Brent Downey (@brentdowney), since 2010:
Brent Leary (@BrentLeary)
Brett Nelson, multi-talented developer from Eagan, MN:
- wipdeveloper.com since Jan 2015 has a store.
- His “Sample Salesforce source code used with Salesforce DX” on GitHub from 2017 has a Jenkinsfile.
- Made “DEV hammer” on a 3D printer.
Bret Taylor, Salesforce President & Chief Product Officer
- sfdcfox.blogspot.com since 2016.
- A top contributor on stackexchange.com.
- https://github.com/brianmfear has several useful tools.
Charlie Isaacs (@CharlieIsaacs), Salesforce’s CTO for Customer Connection on IoT
Christine Pereira, founder of SoulfulSelling.com, created several video courses on Lynda/LinkedIn:
- Salesforce: Einstein Analytics [53:30] 6/22/2018
- Salesforce Tips [34:56] 4/11/2018
- Learn Salesforce 2017: Lightning [1:47:00] 10/31/2017
- Social Selling with Salesforce [40:38] 7/31/2017
- Salesforce for Sales Managers [46:47] 3/20/2017
- Learning Salesforce [1:39:00] 11/25/2016
- Salesforce for Customer Service [50:43] 7/1/2017
Dan Appleman (@danappleman), CTO of Full Circle Insights:
- BOOK: Advanced Apex Programming for Salesforce.com and Force.com – September 1, 2015
- advancedapex.com/blog since Jun 2012, the companion to book “Advanced Apex Programming for Salesforce.com and Force.com”
- Personal website: danappleman.com
- CTO of Full Circle Insights
Dan Appleman was the first Salesforce instructor at Pluralsight:
- video: Building an Enterprise Private Blockchain on Salesforce 21 Feb 2018 [1h 27m]
- video: Force.com and Apex Fundamentals for Developers Sep 8 2016 [3h 45m]
- video: Career Strategies and Opportunities for Salesforce Platform Developers Sep 2 2015 [1h 42m]
- video: Force.com for .NET Developers 25 Feb 2013 [1h 37m]
Daniel Peter (@danieljpeter), MVP Dev. Group Leader in Bay Area Foster City, CA:
Daniel, Senior Salesforce Developer at ARUP Laboratories, 3X MVP, co-leader of the Salesforce User Group in Salt Lake City, UT:
- verticalcoder.com since Feb 2011
sfdc99.com since Aug 2015 provides Apex tutorials for point-and-click admins.
- Salesforce Integration with Heroku 40 lectures in 3 hours Udemy video course covers Heroku connect, Salesforce Connect, and Web Service callouts
Desynit Salesforce Innovators, a team of certified Advanced Salesforce developers and technical architects in Bristol, UK:
- desynit.com/good-systems-blog since Mar 2012
Don Robins, MVP:
- Pluralsight interviewer
- Owner of Salesforce Developers/Contractors group on LinkedIn
Douglas C. Ayers, Salesforce MVP from Nashville, TN:
- douglascayers.com since Dec 2013
Enrico Murru, ForceLogic. “ultra geek tech lover, mercenary software developer, and Salesforce enthusiast”:
- blog.enree.co since Jan 2013
Fabrice Cathala (@fcathala):
- Apress book: Learn Salesforce Lightning: The Visual Guide to the Lightning UI Paperback – December 20, 2017
Francis Pindar, 5X MVP from the UK:
- Salesforce Certified Administrator (aka 201) 2018 92 lectures 15 hour Udemy video
- Salesforce Admin video course on ACloud.guru 2017
- radnip.com blog since Jan 2013
Gilian Bruce (@gilliankbruce), Salesforce Admin Evangelist:
- Salesforce Admins Podcast, on iTunes and Google Play, are 10 min. twice weekly. Features real-life Salesforce Admins, product managers, and community leaders who transform businesses, careers, and community implementing Enterprise CRM solutions.
Guha Arumugam (@SF_Guha) of Acumen Solutions from Virginia/DC:
- guhasdevforce.com since May 2016
Harshit Pandey, Principal Technical Architect at Intuitive Surgical, previously Technical Architect at Salesforce.com Developer Relations Team:
- https://github.com/mailtoharshit/awesome-salesforce curated list of delightful Salesforce Platform Resources
- Built Trailhead while he was at Salesforce
- BOOK: Development with the Force.com Platform: Building Business Applications in the Cloud (3rd Edition) (2009-10-16)
- VIDEO COURSE: Reports & Dashboards in Classic and Lightning 31 Jul 2018
Jean Velonis (@SalesforcePrincess):
Jesse Altman, Certified Salesforce.com Developer from Whitehall, PA:
- jessealtman.com since Aug 2013 focuses on Apex and Visualforce
Jeff Douglas, Senior Technical Consultant at Appirio & Developer Evangelist Architect at Topcoder:
Jeremy Ross (@jeremyross):
- PODCAST: Good Day Sir! on on Google Play and iTunes, has, since May 2016, 183 episodes as of this writing.
- Join their Slack group
- https://twitter.com/gooddaysirpdcst, @GoodDaySir_Army #GoodDaySirArmy
Joey Chen in the Philippines
- The one with the highest rating among 13131 people on Salesforce’s Developer Marketplace.
- Author of http://github.com/joeferraro/MavensMate plug-ins for editors Sublime Text and Adam. But as of 2017 he’s stopped maintaining it. “Use Visual Studio” he says.
- Visualforce to Lightning: My Top 5 Tips Jan 5, 2017
John N Robinson:
- Owner of Salesforce Power Users Group on LinkedIn since 2008.
Jitendra Zaa, a 7X Salesforce Certificate, MVP and Technical Architect, working from Hartford, CT:
- jitendrazaa.com/blog since 2008
- Performing Load Testing in Salesforce using Selenium and TestNG [3:05] Aug 27, 2017
- Getting started with Selenium and Salesforce - Part 1 Mar 28, 2015 [11:08]
- Selenium automated testing Part 2
- VIDEO: Continuous integration in Salesforce Using Jenkins and Git in 20 minutes and blog Mar 22, 2015
Johan Yu (@simplysfdc):
Kashyap Patel, email@example.com (@sfapex)
- VIDEO: Simplify Testing by Automatically Populating Sandboxes With Test Data Nov 13, 2017 using sfapex.com
Keir Bowden (@bob_buzzard), Chief Technical Officer at BrightGen, a Salesforce Platinum Partner in the UK:
Kevin O’Hara, Rochester, MI
- nforce repo on GitHub is a node.js salesforce REST API wrapper for force.com, database.com, and salesforce.com. It set the standard for using Salesforce APIs.
- sfdcinpractice.com since Sep 2016 provides a comprehensive, intuitive guide to Salesforce coding by real word examples. This blog is for those who knows how to create objects and fields in Salesforce.
Luke Freeland, Salesforce Technical Consultant and Tech Lead, from Rochester, NY:
- metillium.com/blog since Mar 2016
- SlackForce - chat in Slack channel slackforcehq.slack.com
- Custom logger without enabling Salesforce debug logs.
Mani Balan, Lead/certified Salesforce Developer in a start-up company based out of Sydney, Australia:
- sfdceverywhere.com since Feb 2015
- sfdcfanboy.com since Aug 2015
Mark Benoiff, Salesforce CEO:
Mark Cane, Salesforce Certified Technical Architect, Certified Scrum Professional and former salesforce.com Principal Consultant in the UK:
- audit9.blog since Apr 2012
Martin Gessner, Salesforce Solution Architect and founder of Focus on Force in Sydney, Australia
- The Focus on Force website provides very good study guides and sample exams for $19 each.
Matheus Goncalves, with 15 years of total IT experience from Atlanta, GA:
- matheusgoncalves.com/blog since Apr 2016
- https://mattmcguire.ca/category/salesforce since Feb 2016
Matthew Morris (@matmorris):
Matt Lacey, Melbourne, Australia:
- laceysnr.com since Mar 2010
- Apress BOOK: Beginning Salesforce Developer – December 6, 2017
Mike Topalovich, 9x certified Salesforce architect, developer and part time CTO in Chicago:
- BLOG: topalovich.com since Aug 2007 wrote in 2016 a series on strategies and “Patterns for Migrating from Visualforce to Lightning Components”.
- Facebook group
- YouTube channel
- The Complete Salesforce Administrator Certification Course 89 lectures 11 hours
Salesforce Administrator Certification Practice Tests 3 full practice tests of 60 each. 180 questions total
- Salesforce Platform App Builder Developer 401 Certification 186 lectures 20 hours
Salesforce Platform App Builder Certification Practice Tests 2 full practice tests of 60 questions each
- Salesforce Sales Cloud Consultant Certification Course 103 lectures 10.5 hours
- Salesforce Service Cloud Consultant Certification Course 115 lectures 10.5 hours
PROTIP: The nice thing about Udemy courses is popular bookmarks by viewers are highlighted on videos.
Missy Longshore, since 2009:
- PODCAST: #AdminHour First and Third Thursday every Month at 10am PT
- Nonprofit CRM Summit coaching for $400
- Lightning boot camp $99
Mohith Shrivastava, 9x Salesforce certification, MVP at Salesforce.com, Technical Architect at CodeScience:
- CodeScience at Codescience.com
- Prolific question-answerer on StackExchange.com
- Packt book: August 9, 2018 Learning Salesforce Lightning Application Development: Build and test lighting components for Salesforce Lightning Experience using Salesforce DX
Narender Singh, (@Nads_P07), Salesforce Administrator & Developer at Miri InfoTech at New Delhi Area, India:
Nikhil Jaitly (@nikhj) Salesforce Technical Architect, 22x Salesforce Certified. Melbourne Marketing Cloud meetup Co-Organizer: last tweet 2017
Nitin Gupta, 3x Salesforce Certified from New Delhi, India:
- nitinguptasalesforce.wordpress.com since Aug 2016
Nitin Indora, Gurgaon, India:
- nitinindora.wordpress.com since Aug 2015
Oliver Hansen (@nesensa):
- BOOK: Force.com Platform Fundamentals: An Introduction to Custom Application Development in the Cloud Paperback – October 15, 2013
Patrick Watkins (@nc_watkins):
- Video course: Play by Play: Implementing Sustainable and Scalable Salesforce Governance 2 Aug 2018 with Don Robins.
Paul Battisson from Harrogate UK, A Force.com MVP and experienced Technical Architect who has worked for a number of leading ISVs and Consulting partners. A Cetified Salesforce Developer, Advanced Developer, Platform App Builder, Platform Developer I, and Platform Developer II.
- Blog: paulbattisson.com/blog since Feb 2007
- BOOK: Salesforce CRM Admin Cookbook - Second Edition: Solutions to help you implement, configure, and customize your business applications with Salesforce CRM and Lightning Experience Paperback – December 22, 2017
- BOOK: Salesforce CRM - The Definitive Admin Handbook - Fourth Edition
Peter Knolle, Certified Salesforce.com professional, and Force.com MVP:
Phil Walton (@SalesforcePhil):
- cloudgalacticos.co.uk/blog since 2007
Philip Weinmeister (@PhilWeinmeister), MVP, 18x SF Certified, @CommunityCloud MVP:
- BOOK: Salesforce.com Lightning Process Builder and Visual Workflow: A Practical Guide to Model-Driven Development on the Force.com Platform (Apress), with Jonathan Keel
- BOOK: Practical Salesforce.com Development Without Code: Customizing Salesforce on the Force.com Platform (Apress)
- BOOK: Practical Guide to Salesforce Communities: Building, Enhancing, and Managing an Online Community with Salesforce Community Cloud (thanks for signing me a copy, Phil!)
Piyush Soni, Salesforce Admin, Developer from Jaipur, Rajasthan, India:
Prajakta Samant, #Salesforce #evangelist (@prajsszz) in Pune, India.
Rakesh Gupta, 4x Salesforce MVP | Salesforce Architect Trainer in Mumbai, India:
- Packt BOOK: Salesforce Process Builder Quick Start Guide: Build complex workflows by clicking, not coding – July 24, 2018
- Packt BOOK: Mastering Salesforce CRM Administration – March 27, 2017
- Developing Application with Salesforce Chatter
- Salesforce.com Customization Handbook
- Learning Salesforce Visual Workflow
- Learning Salesforce Visual Workflow (Second Edition)
Robert Watson (@WatsonRobertB)
- Not only did he have a hand at creating NPSP, he’s still evangelizing it (on his own dime) with conferences for non-profits he facilitates: annual NPSP Day around the world.
- Newsletter: “Pub Crawl” summarizes the entire Power of Us Hub
- GitHub: cozimek
Sagar Sindhi from Rajpura, India:
- sagarsindhiblog.wordpress.com since May 2017
Sara Morgan Nettles (@SaraHasNoLimits), Member of Team Trailhead, Certified Salesforce Advanced Developer and Platform Developer I and II, Developer at Synaptic AP from Louisiana, USA:
Pluralsight video tutorial Lightning Component Development Best Practices 10 Dec 2017 [2h 10m]
Pluralsight video tutorial Customizing Salesforce with Lightning Components: Getting Started 10 May 2017
Lynda/LinkedIn 2h 12m video course: Visualforce: Improving Performance August 20, 2015
Lynda/LinkedIn 3h 4m video course: Visualforce for Developers October 13, 2014
Santanu Boral, Salesforce MVP and 15x certified:
- santanuboral.blogspot.com since Jan 2017
Scott VonSchilling, Certified Salesforce advanced developer, from New Jersey:
- scottvonschilling.com since Jul 2014
Scott Wells (@scottcwells) in Austin, TX:
- Play by Play: Strategies for Successful Salesforce DX Migration and Adoption 8 Jun 2018 [2h 8m] #SalesforceDX #SalesforcePF by Scott Wells and Don Robins discuss how to guide a team to successfully migrate and adopt Salesforce DX.
- Developer of Force.com IlluminatedCloud.com IDE (IllumCloud) development tool hosted within JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA
- PODCAST on Google Play: Success With The Force has 7 episodes from Oct.-Dec. 2017.
Shyam Nair, Salesforce Developer from Bengaluru, India:
- itscloudyhere.blog since Jan 2017
Shrey Sharma from Jaipur, the youngest MVP.
Steve Molis of Wakefield, Massachusetts
- The one with the most answers among 13131 people on Salesforce’s Developer Marketplace. So he kinda earned the right to be a self-deprecating comedian.
- Steve is a top post of ideas as well. Hear him talk about “duplicate whack-a-mole” and “stare and compare” 2014.
- Video of his epic hilarious Dreamforce 13
- Learn More with @SteveMoForce
- Business Analyst Trailblazer Group leader
- Business Analyst virtual summit organizer. Videos are $69 after 4 days free.
Trish Bertuzzi (@BridgeGroupInc), Chief Strategist at The Bridge Group:
- Blog: AI Buddy
Vinay Chaturvedi, Salesforce Evangelist from Noida, India:
- vinaychaturvedi.com/blog since May 2015 writes APIs in Salesforce and Salesforce Lightning.
Wade Clements, Sr. Director, Customer Success and Support, CA Technologies
Warren Chalklen, PhD:
- Udemy video course: $15 Salesforce Lightning Reporting: All You Need To Know! 17 lectures in 2 hours
- Udemy video course: $15 Salesforce Classic Masterclass - The Complete Guide 43 lectures in 5 hours
Wilson Mar (@wilsonmar), Montana:
- wilsonmar.github.io/salesforce/ since 2015
Xi Xiao (@xixiaofinland), Salesforce developer in Finland:
Zac Otero, a factory worker who used Trailhead to train himself to become a Salesforce administrator, is Salesforce’s first Golden Hoodie recipient.
It’s one thing to have opinions, but it’s quite another level to share opinions on the same publishing platform.
- Gemma Emmett (alwaysablezard.com, @gemziebeth, 𝚂𝚘𝚕𝚞𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝙰𝚛𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚌𝚝 @𝚋𝚕𝚞𝚎𝚠𝚘𝚕𝚏 UK)
- Charly Prinsloo (charly-says.com, @charlyprinsloo, 𝚂𝚘𝚕𝚞𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝙰𝚛𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚌𝚝 @Deloitte)
- Susannah St-Germain (accidentaladmintoawesomearch.com, @sunnydalelow, Columbia)
Salesforce Cowboys podcast since 2018:
- Matt Sai
- Paul D. Tunison
- Eric Dreshfield (@ericdresh), EricForcefield.wordpress.com
- Gene Eun (@geun352
- Elle Odysseos (@elle_odysseos)
- Steve Feyer (@stevefeyer)
- Mike Gerholdt, Director of Evangelism
- Barb Dietz, at Salesforce
Influencers who do not have a publishing trail are listed here under their organization:
- Abhilasha Singh (@Sweety_abhi), 4X certified, Developer
- Akash Mishra (@Akash_SFDC), Software Developer
Here are those who I don’t think have published but are nevertheless influencers.
Google (formerly YouTube):
- Amjad Mohmood, Director, Technical Operations
Listed alphabetically by first name:
Adam Blitzer (@AdamBlitzer), co-founder of Pardot, now EVP & GM of Sales Cloud
Amanda Berkey (@amandaberkey)
Ankit Arora, MVP, Moderator, Developer:
Charlie Isaacs (@charlieisaacs) VP, CTO for Customer Connection.
Christophe Coenraets (@ccoenraets), Principal Developer Evangelist, in Boston:
- coenraets.org/blog focuses on mobile application development, Read More
- Youtube: Advanced Lightning Components Jul 3, 2017
- Salesforce Lightning Components Tutorial
Dan Darcy (@DanDarcy), SVP of Productivity at Salesforce
Jeremy Waite (@jeremywaite), Salesforce Evangelist
Keith Block (@KeithBlock on Twitter)
Megan Kierstead (@megkierstead)
Mike Gerholdt, Director of Evangelism
Natalia Burina (@Nale), director of product management
Parker Harris, co-founder, SVP Engineering
Peter Coffee (@PeterCoffee), VP for Strategic Research. He was a PC Week writer before.
Simon Mulcahy, Chief Innovation Office:
- Video: Bridging the Trust Gap in the 4th Industrial Revolution July 24, 2018 talks with the World Economic Forum.
- Articles on HuffPost include artificial intelligence will power the next generation of the customer experience
- Build a Native Mobile App Using Salesforce DX and the Mobile SDK Feb 1, 2018
Suzanne DiBianca (@SuzanneDiBianca), Salesforce EVP of Corporate Relations and Chief Philanthropy Officer
TODO: Identify writers
automationchampion.com since Sep 2012 blog about Salesforce process Builder, Visual Workflow, Apex.
salesforcetutorial.com since Apr 2013
mytutorialrack.com/blog Salesforce blog for begineers from Dallas, TX since Apr 2016
sfdcpoint.com from India
succeedwithsalesforce.com since Aug 2015 from Secaucus, NJ
blog.wdcigroup.net since Nov 2008 from Australia and Malaysia, specialises in Salesforce and Dell Boomi platforms. They build and integrate cloud solutions, building and selling cloud applications on the Salesforce Appexchange.
From The Hague, The Netherlands:
- worldofsalesforce.com since Apr 2016 has an App Store
From Sri Lanka:
- salesforceworld.blogspot.com since May 2011
From London, England:
- blogatsalesforce.blogspot.com since May 2013
From England, United Kingdom:
- cloudgalacticos.co.uk/blog since May 2004
From Bristol, United Kingdom:
From London, Manchester & Gurgaon: leading Platinum Sales force consulting partner in the UK&I. With more than 100 Sales force experts:
- makepositive.com/blog since Jul 2014
PROTIP: Drive a lot? Take public transportation? Listen to voice-only podcasts while commuting:
The Marketing Cloudcast has 99+ episodes since Oct. 2016 on Google Play. It “offers key marketing campaign tactics, popular trends, interviews with marketing leaders, and relevant insights — such as social media stats and data management strategies in marketing today. Hosts Megan Collins ( @CollinsMeMegan) and Tina Rozul (@crozul) dive into topics such as performance on individual marketing channels, marketing career advice, the future of marketing, and beyond.
Work with me. Hire me.
I am automating Salesforce tutorials so you can just input your custom info and generate stuff.
Also interested in generation of test code, Einstein Machine Learning AI, IoT, DX, Lightning.
More about Salesforce
This is one of a series about Salesforce
- Salesforce Ohana (about the Salesforce company, offices, mascots, emojis, and store)
- Salesforce Glossary (of acronyms)
- Salesforce Events (Conferences, local Meetups, ) to meet people face-to-face
- Salesforce Exhibitors (at Dreamforce)
- Salesforce Onboarding (Trailhead and IDEs)
- Salesforce Offerings (Clouds, Industries, Domains, GitHub, editions, pricing, features, versions)
- Salesforce Certifications (training and exams)
- Salesforce Projects, Superbadges, and Sample Apps
- Salesforce Project Plans
- Salesforce Jobs (within Salesforce, with partners, etc.)
- Salesforce Apps (in AppExchange)
- Salesforce Alexa
- Salesforce Heroku (external apps)
- Salesforce Non-Profit support
- Salesforce Data Management
- Salesforce Einstein
- Salesforce Selenium (test automation)